Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Tree

A sheared tree's fuller, more conical shape.Image via WikipediaThis is kind of silly. I'm a grown up, after all. But I am so grateful for our Christmas tree. It just makes me happy. Seriously. If I want to relax, all I need to do is sit in the living room near the tree, and I'm in seventh heaven.

There's something about all those blinking lights, and all those decorations that we have accumulated over the years. All the family history symbolized by those ornaments. Maybe because the country is going through such a tough time, I feel an extra need to de-stress. I think we all do.

Try just "hanging out" near your tree for a little while today. You might be surprised by just how comforting and therapeutic this simple act can be.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]