Friday, October 17, 2008

My kids say the funniest things...

Small child runs on Morro StrandImage by mikebaird via FlickrThe other day my daughter was playing with her Aunt, who happens to be a petite person.

When her Aunt went into the next room, she asked, "Where did that little girl go?" I guess she thought her aunt was a playmate, like another kid or something. It was really cute.

I feel so grateful for these kinds of moments. Children say the cutest, funniest things. My son, who is a bit older than my daughter, says equally adorable things.

I try to treasure these moments and savor each one because I know the time will come when they will be fewer and further between.

I know the teen years will bring their share of challenges, but at the same time, I think there will be joys then, too. At least that is what I am hoping.

In the meantime, I will keep treasuring these little moments of joy.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]